[THIN] W2K3 comm ports

  • From: scott.delagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:09:05 -0400

We currently have several NT4.0 TSE or W2K with Citrix MF1.8 running on
various Wyse winterms supporting our distribution center mostly for barcode
scanner reading or scale input.  We're looking at expanding to other areas
but using W2K3 and Wyse 3125se, but without Citrix.  According to Brian
Madden's Server-Based computing roundup, serial port redirection is
possible without Citrix.  We'll be doing real-time machine control via the
serial port as well as more scanner reading.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?  Is it done the same as MF1.8,
i.e. via "net use \\client\comx comx:"

Thank you,

Scott DeLagrange
System Analyst
CIBA Vision Corp.

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320