[THIN] Vanishing Input Boxes

  • From: Jason Patten <pattenj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:23:45 -0500

We have a minor but annoying problem in Citrix, Regularly, when Clients are
in our system if they switch windows out of the session to something else on
their desktop and then switch back, various Input boxes in the app vanish,
if they click on the area where the box is supposed to be it returns, or if
they minimize and re-open the app the input boxes also generally (but not
always) return.  Also scroll bars have a tendency to vanish this way as
well.  While it is mostly an annoyance, My supervisor has tasked me with
fixing this once and for all.  I have disabled client-side bitmap caching
and t has not fixed the problem, is this, as I suspect, something that just
has to be lived with in Citrix? Or is there a fix out there I just havent
found.  Our clients are a mixed bag running from Windows XP pro with he
latest 32bit client all the to a few on Windows 95 machines with an old 4.x
version of the PN.  This seems to occur universally across all of them to
one degree or another.

We are running MF1.8 SP2 on NT4 TSE Sp6

Jason

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147