[THIN] VDDS email

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:18:00 -0800 (PST)

Just received the following...note the Boundless name there at the end...I
thought Neoware got them about 3 years ago...did they change hands again?
  JK

                                             VIRTUAL DESKTOPS ON DEMAND
                                                                 (VDDS)

  Provides a computer environment that is stable, reliable, and virtually
maintenance free, by 'virtualizing' a customer's computer infrastructure and
replacing current desktops with Thin Clients.  Reduce desktop and server IT
costs by 30%-40% per year.

  What is Virtualization?  A software process that allows multiple operating
systems to run on the same CPU at the same time.  It is different from a
'Dual-Boot' scenario.  It is a logical equivalent of a physical environment,
and runs as its own operating system.  It shares CPU, Memory, Disk I/O and
Network together, yet separate.  The best of both worlds, it combines the
freedom and flexibility of a desktop PC with the security and reliability of a
Thin Client.  Virtualization allows you to manage "One to One", all
workstations, PC's or thin clients (new or already deployed).
  VDDS is Virtual machine software for the partitioning and consolidation of
Virtual Machines on High-Performance Intel servers.

  The Virtual Center, centralizes management of the virtual environment.  The
virtual desktops use standard templates, which are configurable in minutes, not
days or hours.  Each Virtual machine may be monitored and reports generated on
the usage.  Set trigger points and alerts for key performance and availability
metrics.  Robust access control with a secure environment, along with Active
Directory is available.  Dynamically move virtual machines across hosts without
service interruption, and eliminate scheduled downtime with zero-downtime
maintenance.

  A few advantages of Virtual vs. a Physical environment.

  * Lower cost of ownership (30-40%)
  * Procurement of hardware from determination to deployment
  * Break/Fix-Has no impact on virtual machines-No single point of failure
  * Maintenace and Administration-All Virtual Machines managed from central
location
  * Security-All Virtual Machines located within a Data Center behind a Firewall
  * Remote Console connection
  * Disaster recovery
  * Reduces electric and cooling costs
  * Ease of Management of remote locations
  * Solution employs enterprise-class hardware
  * Fully redundant
  * 9 nines of availability
  * Capital outlay

  Call one of our account managers to learn more about Virtualization and the
additional features that are only in our Virtual software offering. Ask about
our VTI Thin Clients and other management software.  www.ucsicorp.com Click on
contacts for an account manager or call corporate headquarters 1-800-722-8274.

  Respectfully,

  Oscar L. Smith
  CEO
  UCSI/VTI/Boundless