[THIN] Re: VB app on Win 2k3: fonts look different?

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:43:49 -0400

I did think of one thing... make sure that the Web client is set to Seamless
not a partial screen or a named resolution 800 x 600 et al.  We had one app
that if you had the web client NOT set to seamless that the text would
scrunch.

The only thing I thought of on my "bad" app was that whatever registry key
it queried for screen size didn't give the app what it wanted.  i.e. the app
thought you had a different screen size than what you had, so didn't draw
right.

You might want to try via Program Neighborhood the app and deliberately
screw up the resolution and see if you can replicate the "scrunching"
factor. (to test the theory/if you can break it on cue and "unbreak" it
you're on the way to a solution)

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: UPDATE:  Re: VB app on Win 2k3: fonts look different?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:30:39 -0400

When you run it from the W2K3 console and it is fine, are you using the same
screen resolution and color depth as the RDP/ICA clients?