[THIN] UserOverride's Not Supported in Windows 2003 Terminal Servers?

  • From: "Bray, Donovan (ESC)" <BrayD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:41:44 -0700

I've seen a lot of discussion about the cursor blink rate not being
supported but I'm not sure ANY UserOverrides work in Win2k3.

In our Windows 2k environment we used many such overrides. One was to force
the desktop color to black.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
Server\WinStations\ICA-tcp\UserOverride\Control Panel\Colors]
"Background"="0 0 0"

Which no longer works on the Win2k3 Servers. If the blink rate and
background overrides aren't working how can we be certain ANY of them are
working.

There's no articles that I've found on Citrix's or Microsoft's
Knoweledgebase that refers to UserOverride's other than complaint's that
they don't work on the 2003 platform.

Can anybody confirm or deny how the UserOverrides work on Win2k3 Term
Servers?

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register