[THIN] User rights on Citrix Server

  • From: Stewart Werley <Stewart_Werley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin.net " <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:57:11 -0500

I have an application I'd like to publish.  Old program called Magic.  It
has a developer version and runtime version.  The runtimes run for me no
problem.  I've gotten the developer version to run as well, but it ONLY
works if the user running it is an administrator on the Citrix server.

This will not do, so what I'm trying to figure out is what might be
causing 'power user' for instance to not work, but 'administrator' will.
The error I'm getting seems to be connected with file rights, but I've
opened them up for testing, and that has not helped.  I've also looked in
the user rights section of the administrative tools and nothing is jumping
out at me.

So what I'm wondering is, does there exist any kind of definitive list on
what the specific differences are between power user and administrator,
that I might be able to review and use to determine what privilege is
missing from the power users???

Stewart Werley
Consultant - BTS Equity
Guardian Life
3900 Burgess Place
Bethlehem, PA  18017
610-807-6690
Stewart_Werley@xxxxxxxx

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.