[THIN] Re: User profiles presentation

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:08:21 -0800

This is true. We routinely redirect desktop/start menu to a network share,
but it does break All Users, so I wrote an app that creates a shortcut that
will show up on all desktops, like the Outlook icon does when you install
Office. I thought Jim had it in the downloads section, but I haven't seen
it.
  Regarding the desktop redirection, I understand the concern about
refreshing a view of a remote network share. I'd like to see some actual
data about the real impact in terms of network usage.