[THIN] USB Modems

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:12:35 -0500

Our users have to use HyperTerminal to Dial out from within a Citrix =
session occasionally to send files to various agencies etc.  We have =
been doing this for a while with a couple of external modems connected =
to serial ports.  That has always worked well.

We only have one serial port on each server but two USB ports.  I was =
thinking of adding a USB modem instead of expanding the number of com =
ports I have.  Has anyone ever used a USB modem on a terminal server and =
did you run into any issues with it?

We are looking at the MultiMobileUSB by Multitech Systems.

Greg