[THIN] Re: UPHCLean

  • From: Shane.Rees@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 23:45:02 +1000

Hi David - we have UPHClean running on all of our Citrix servers - works
well.  It should behave the same for local/roaming profiles, as roaming
profiles are copied locally before loading up into registry anyway.  The
main benefit of the service, is that it cleans up the locks on the
registry that some processes leave behind, to then allow a successful
unload and copy of the local profile back to the network (if using roaming
profiles).  This then avoids the mismatch between local/network profile at
next logon.     It should work equally well for local profiles - it is
just the copy back to the network that is taken out of the equation.

Cheers,
Shane Rees
Systems Engineer

Server Management - Network & Infrastructure Support
Mincom Managed Services
Level 6, 193 Turbot Street,
Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
Phone +61 (0) 7 3364 9876
Fax +61 (0) 7 3364 9777
http://www.mincom.com

Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.

delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.

"Turman, David C." <david_turman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/02/2006 11:12 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[THIN] UPHCLean

        Has anyone seen any negative affects of using this to delete
profiles at logoff?
        Also, I know that this really helps Roaming Profile users, but how
about
        Local Profile users?
        Any comments at all on using this would be greatly appreciated.