[THIN] Re: Trusts

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:04:47 -0400

Guess it depends on how you are browsing for the other domain.  Are you trying
to see them while browsing AD or are you trying to browse using Microsoft
Networks (NetBIOS) under my network places?  Depending on what you are trying,
you would have to either be pointing to one of the other domains WINS or DNS
servers or at least be replicating them to your local systems.  I'm assuming
that since you want to browse both ways you have made a two-way trust.

Regards,
Paul DeHaan

>>> NRobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/09/04 03:53PM >>>
I think I'm losing my mind.

I set up a trust for the first time since 3.51 and I swear I was once
able to see the network neighborhood of both domains from both sides of
the trust. I can now only see users when I share a file or such.
Shouldn't I be able to see the other domain if I wanted to access a file
or run a program?

Nick

http://www.go-eol.com