[THIN] Re: Thin Client Performance

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:44:12 -0700

I have seen similar things.

Even two identidcal thin clients sitting next to each other at a
remote location might exerience something different.

I once had one thin client machine (not brand but a single client)
that had really bad redraws, come to find out the client auto
detection wasn't working right when the session initialized - I
throttled his maximum bandwidth through a policy and then he behaved
like the PCs at the same site.  He was always initializing his
sessions as if he was on a LAN, not a WAN.
Another thin client next to him behaved just fine.