[THIN] Terminals better than Wyse for 18.1" LCDs?

  • From: adam morley <adam-thin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:54:59 -0700

First off, I'm new so sorry if this has been discussed in the past.  I searched
the archives, but didn't find anything.

I've got a limited deployment of Winterm 1200LE (blazers?), namely two units.
Moving users from PCs to winterms, and using the Citrix server with SunRays in
addition to winterms.  We use 18.1" LCDs at 1280x1024 @ 60 Hz (currently
testing 75Hz too)

The problem we've run into is that the display is noticable less crisp (ie
fuzzy) and the color isn't as good as the old PCs with Matrox G200s.  I'm going
to do a side by side test of a PC with the ICA client and the Wyse winterm, but
I'm wondering if anyone had seen a siliar issue.  Its almost like the graphics
chipset in the 1200LEs (supposedly a trident, and its used in *ALL* wyse terms)
isn't meant for 1280x1024 on an LCD.

Any thoughts/suggestions?  Terminal manufacturers with better chipsets, or is
this an ICA issue?  (I highly doubt it because using the ICA client on a SunRay
produces sharp text. . .)

(by fuzzy I mean the text is fuzzier than a G200 equipped PC running Windows
2000 pro.

Thanks!

--
adam