[THIN] Re: Terminal services applications

  • From: "Falkovich, Alex -LNL-" <AFalkovich@xxxxxxx>
  • To: roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx, thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:21:00 -0500

Ron,
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, we're still running NetWare client
on our desktop (NT4.0), and a user is to be able to run multiple TS apps. Is
there anything we can do on the TS server to mitigate this problem?

Thanks again.

- Alex

>>> Ron Oglesby 02/25/03 05:28PM >>>

Are you only hosting one app on your terminal servers that the users
need to launch?

If so do this. Get the latest MS client.=20

Open it and configure it by going into options.=20
Go into the application tab and add the path to the application exe on
the server

Then SAVE the config within the MS client as an RDP file on the desktop
(or in a share and create a link to it)

That will launch that app. Of course you user will have to enter a
password and user name for it if you share the RDP file since the
username and password save feature only work on the station that it was
created using the user ID that created it.

Also it wont be seamless.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20