[THIN] Re: Terminal Session security question

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:55:54 -0800

Nick,

They do need to run Firefox to access the Internet, for FedEx, UPS and
DHL, they also need to run many compiled Crystal Reports. They do not
have e-mail, ftp and telnet are locked down at the firewall, incoming
and outgoing, and the terminals have no disk drives or usable USB ports,
so I think if we restrict the IPs, it will help, but I would like to do
some things in the GPO, I just do not have the knowledge on how, so I
don't as I do not want to totally screw up my AD. Can you recommend a
resource for learning? I came from a Unix world. J

Thank You

-Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Systems Administrator