[THIN] Terminal Server License Server

  • From: "Eugene Herman" <EHerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:44:53 -0400

Back to the licensing issue.=20

We were told on Friday by one of our vendors that if we have 2000 pro as a =
desktop environment we don't need to buy tscals butt for our w95/98/nt =
desktops we do. They also recommended we set up a Terminal Server License =
Server.

Questions - For the purposes of our new Citrix rollout - we do not plan to =
have a domain. I understand that TS License Server is either a Workgroup =
server or resides on the BDC which will not exist.=20

How robust does this server need to be?
Does this server reside on the same segment as the Metaframe Farm
How do the users access this for a CAL assuming they are running 98/95 or =
nt

This message, together with any attachments, is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It
may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the original sender
immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete this
message along with any attachments, from your computer.
Thank you.