[THIN] Re: TS only shop, 1 server - outlook clients - which AV protection works?

  • From: Torben Claus <torben.claus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:31:08 +0100

most of our Users opens Outlook via Published App
- so a Anti-Virus-Prog with Email scanning don't work on the Client-side.
So what we got is "F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper"
- it scans the incoming Email before and outgoing after Exchange...
This is much better because it deletes possible Viruses so the Client
got no change to execute.
- btw F-Secure is the fastest with updating Virus-Definitions.
Then the Clients and Terminal servers only have a "normal"
VirusScanEngine installed.
--> Everything fine.

BTW. our Laptop Users got Email scanning too 'cause they got Office
locally installed
- and it works great...
So i think Norton will do is job too.

Greetings.