[THIN] Re: TS licensing question

  • From: Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:20:48 +0000

I always go for user cals, as that covers the user and not the device.

The only time I have found device CALs to be of any use is in a school
or a call centre where the amount of users of PCs heavily outweighs
the amount of PCs there is to use.

Berny

On 3 March 2010 09:08, Hamilton, Ronnie <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just looking to see what licensing model everyone is using for there TS
> cals.
>
> We are currently moving from 2000 server running Metaframe XP to XenApp 5
> running on 2003 via a remote access AAC project.
>
> We currently have all our remote users coming in via the CAG and AAC
> connecting to their old XP desktop but will be moving everyone both
> internally and externally to XenApp over the new few months.
>
> I currently am running temp 2003 cals getting issued in device mode from our
> DC acting as a licence server, although I did not set this up I cannot be
> sure someone else didnt configure this before my time.
>
> My question is really when we purchase licences, should be be purchasing per
> user licences as TS CALs and not device ones as seems to be the case when
> temporary ones are being issued.
>
> I feel this would be a better solution as we would have sales people
> travelling quite a bit using computers in a variety of locations.
>
> thanks
> Ronnie
>
> Visit our website : www.ltai.ie

> Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Limited. Registered in Ireland. Reg. No.
> 45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
>
> Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Leasing Limited. Registered in Ireland.
> Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.

> The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may
> be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
> message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by
> return email. You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute,
> disclose or use this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is
> strictly prohibited. Thank you.

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com