[THIN] Re: TS license server in NT 4.0 domain

  • From: "Jay Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:26:23 -0400

When we did this in our environment we accomplished it by changing the
registry on the W2k TS's.  However, if the servers are on separate subnets
you may not even need to do that (although it can't hurt).

However, keep in mind that if Client A logs into TS A and obtains a license
from Server A it will use that license when it connects to TS B also.  It
will not request a separate license from Server B until the license from
Server A expires, and then you'll have to connect to Server A in order to
renew the original license.  If you don't have any clients that would be
connecting to both TS's then it's a non-issue.