[THIN] Re: TS Roaming profiles

  • From: "Jeremy Thomas" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:17:51 +0100

Personally, I’d consider one or more of the following:

Upgrade your 2000 server to 2003 ASAP – I’ve never trusted mix-n-match
profiles over different OSs – It’s asking for corruption.

2003 + GPOs offers some good redirection features that 2000 does not. That
should help.

Consider flex-profiles from HYPERLINK
"http://www.loginconsultants.nl/"www.loginconsultants.nl (freebie) – will
allow you to implement “mandatory” profiles for each of the 2000 and 2003
servers and still keep application settings roaming around.

Consider a 3rd party thing like Jumping Profiles from some place in Germany
or the Tricerat thing (I think) and see if it’s worth spending some money on
any of those.

Do all this over Christmas and avoid the mother-in-law (I’d like to)

   _____