[THIN] Re: System policy/Local groups

  • From: "Joe Mulhall" <Joe.Mulhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:15:21 +0100

As the users will be logging in internally and externally (NFuse) I would =
rather use a 'neater' method than scripts which are already getting out of =
hand. =20

The particular issue is to allow certain things, for example enable =
registry editing tools, for Admin users who will be using Win2K.  Can =
Group policies be used to override the system policy? Which takes =
precedence? Again Technet has info on this but doesn't seem to take into =
account TS/Citrix.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joe Mulhall
MCSE, MCP+I, CCSA

Network Engineer
D'Arcy

>>> neil.braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/09/2002 14:18:36 >>>

Use scripts?

System policies bring no advantages that say GPOs do (like refresh / =
reapply
intervals), apart from the pointy-clicky-ness of the GUI.

You can use something like Kix, or perhaps even native command prompt
scripting, to write out per-user stuff - reliable, easy to debug, and once
you've got used to it, remarkably quick.

Before TSE (ie Winframe) there was no other real choice.

Neil

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named=20
recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based=20
on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of=20
their contents to any person or organisation; please notify the=20
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from=20
your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure=20
and may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that=20
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us=20
and we will not accept any liability for any such changes,=20
interceptions or corruptions.=20

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its=20
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping=20
with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they=20
are actually virus free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs=20
to Littlewoods.=20

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,=20
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains=20
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to=20
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.=20
Statements and opinions contained in this e-mail may not=20
necessarily represent those of Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:=20
Littlewoods Retail Limited,=20
Sir John Moores Building,=20
100 Old Hall Street,=20