[THIN] Subnet mask ordering for roaming profile locations

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:34:15 +1200

Hey guys,

On a different subject, has anyone used Microsoft DNS Subnet mask ordering for
determining roaming profile locations?

I am working on an AD design which involves some 27 geographically dispersed
locations which have file and print services on each site and Citrx servers on
each site. It would be nice to simplify the GPO assinments so that we have just
1 GPO assigned on a base OU (using loopback) which defines the Roaming profile
location to a host record in DNS. Rather than having 27 separate GPO's assigned
to each of the OU's just to define a roaming profile path.

Thanks,
Tony

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately,
destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose
anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not
designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions
Act 2002.