[THIN] Re: Streamed Apps and Roaming Profiles

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:12:59 -0800

> do registry settings created by a streamed app stay isolated and/or roam
> with a user?

When an app is streamed to a user, the HKCU and HKLM values for that
app are stored under the user's HKCU that's running the streamed app.
In particular under:

HKCU\software\citrix\RadeCache\*package ID*

These packages match up with the folders created under:

C:\documents and settings\%userprofile%\Application
Data\Citrix\RadeCache\*package ID*

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to redeploy a
previously streamed application with new pre-defined defaults for HKCU
registry values (for instance), in my experiance so far, you would
need to remove the *package ID* data from both the locations listed
above at the client machine to have the new defaults deployed.

As for whether or not Outlook 2007 will trash the profiles you have
for Outlook 2003, I couldn't say for certain. I'm still a bit unclear
as to how much streamed applications interact with locally installed
componants. But certainly there is some tie in at some point.

In my case, I was testing out a streamed copy of outlook 2003 to a
machine that already had office 2003 installed (and in particular the
local outlook 2003 install is tied to a 3rd party software with our
phone system). The streamed copy of outlook 2003 had not been packaged
to be tied to our 3rd party phone software. Upon launching the
streamed outlook 2003 at the desktop, the 3rd party phone software
tried to auto-launch and interact with the streamed outlook. (which it
couldn't quite do..).

So there is some level of local interaction with streamed apps, but to
the extent that you're asking . . it sounds to me like you need to do
some play testing with non-production systems ;).

HTH

Lan