[THIN] Spooler

  • From: "Schneider, Chad M." <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:57:33 -0500

Infamous spooler....

Started to shut down last week.  Reapplied M$ SP3, then was fine.

This AM spooler began shutting down again.  I removed all drivers from the
server.

I am attempting to replicate drivers from similar servers in the farm.

Even with no drivers, I try to connect through ICA, and the spooler shuts
down.  I have it set to auto-restart, but still, there are issues, printers
not creating etc.

Environment, WIN2K, SP3, MF XPe, SP3/FR2.

Should I go SP4?  Where do I get the slow logon fix for M$ SP4?  I hear that
is the biggest issue.

Chad Schneider
Technology Analyst
Bemis IT