[THIN] Spawned Process not closing

  • From: "Chris Green" <ChrisG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:23:36 -0700

I need some assistance in closing down a spawned process.   We have a
banking application that is a published application. We launch the app
as a cmd file which also launches a 32 bit terminal emulation program.
The terminal emulation program, launches a third 32bit interface
application. When both apps are closed, the interface is supposed to
close as well. The interface does not always close, so when a user loggs
back in later in the afternoon they still have a session open due to the
interface, and an error occurs.  AN admin must kill the interface.exe,
then the user can log back in and work normally.

Is there a way to force the interface piece to close.  A log off script
in AD would not work, because the session remains open.  Any ideas would
be appreciated.

Chris Green