[THIN] Re: Solution for Tally

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:37:46 +0100

This very much depends (which is the answer to pretty much any 'thin'
question). If the slow access to Tally is because the users have low bandwidth
connection to the data from their client machines then it might. If the problem
with Tally is that the Tally server is underspecified it won't. If the problem
is that Tally is misconfigured then it won't. (Well, it might, but only by
change of someone configuring tally right this time!).

Terminal Services does not *fix* applications - it enables their access from
remote sites, and enhances manageability. Before you go down this route at all
for this issue you need to work out, much more specifically, what the problem
with the application is.

Nick