[THIN] Re: Softricity and Citrix: FISERV

  • From: "Jim Kerr" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:48:31 -0500

Just to squash the rumors.  Here is a snipt of a CRN article.

CRN: Your ISV partner Softricity has an application virtualization
technology that lets customers run multiple iterations of applications on
the same server farm. Is Citrix considering buying this technology from
Softricity or buying Softricity itself?

Templeton: I won't comment [on the latter part]. We like Softricity and the
idea of on-demand installation of an application in a server environment. We
like the sandboxing. ... Softricity is a partner, and we have a similar
partner in Asia. This type of technology has been around--incremental
on-demand installation [of applications]. We generally like the space but
have no plans other than to partner.

You can read the full article here.

http://www.crn.com/sections/BreakingNews/dailyarchives.asp?ArticleID=45241

than buying more servers.