[THIN] So here is what I want to do...

  • From: "Mike Hancock" <MHancock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:34:31 -0500

I have an application that likes Citrix as long as it is running in a
full desktop. If I publish it as a seamless app then it gets buggy (lock
ups, strange GUI errors, etc...) and is not "supported" by the vendor.

I want to publish a full desktop, automatically launch the app, and then
gracefully logout of the desktop when the app is closed without the end
user having to manually logout. I have everything worked out except the
last step. To add a twist, the app is launched with Internet Explorer
and then opens the rich client portion of the .exe. So, not only do I
need a way to monitor when the app is closed, I have to close out the IE
instance that is left open by the application launch.

The app is GE's Centricity 2006 (CPS06).
I am running Citrix 4.5 on all 2003 servers with a web front end only.
(This is offered as an ASP to remote users.)

Any thoughts?

Mike Hancock