[THIN] Smart Card Reader in Citrix

  • From: "Daniel Schoppmann" <dschoppmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:47:53 +0100

Hi list

I habe to use an application for signing and encrypting documents with smart
cards.
First of all I want to test the readers in a citrix session.

As smart card readers I use

a) SCM SPR532, connected via RS232 ==>
http://www.scmmicro.com/security/SPR532.html
b) Cherry Keyboard G83-6700, also with additional RS232 connection ==>
http://www.cherrycorp.com/deutsch/advanced-line/tastatur-chipkarte-homebanki
ng-smartboard-g83-6700.htm

After I installed the drivers and signing software I tested in a console
session. Everthing worked.

Next, I tried a citrix session:

After giving the application that coud test the reader the right to us the
SmartCard-VitualChannel with

scconfig

I mapped the Com-Port with

net use com1 \\client\com1:

Of course I Installed the driver in Install-Mode.

Ergo: Within the citrix session I was not able to connect to the reader. It
seems just like there is not reader attached.

PC-Client: Windows XP SP1, ICA Client 7.1
MF-Server: Windows 2000, SP3, MFXPs FR3

What am doing wrong ? I thought using smart card readers in citrix is not so
difficult, because a lot of people are using it for authentication.

Ciao, Daniel

dschoppmann@xxxxxx

Meeräckerstr. 24
68163 Mannheim