[THIN] Slow printer

  • From: Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:21:50 -0400

I have a user who has an HP color laserjet CP1215.
He is experiencing extremely long login times, at least 2-3 minutes.  I have
isolated to this printer.  If I turn off printers he logs in a matter of
seconds.  I have tried re-mapping the printer to a LaserJet 4 driver and
setting it up with the Universal driver and neither setting seems to make a
difference.

I have occasionally noticed this with other printers as well.  Why do some
printers seem to hang the login so badly? ANd what is the best solution?
Forcing to a specific driver does not seem to help.
I understand if the printer is offline that this can cause slow logins, but
this is occurring with available online printers and for the models affected
it doesn't matter if they are local or network.