[THIN] Shadowing difficulties...Win2k/MF XP

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:10:20 -0400

My servers are Win2k SP3/MF XP FR2 SP2:

I can shadow users without a problem from the CMC, but cannot shadow
users from a published shadow utility.  It comes up with an error
"Unable to start the shadow session.  wfica32.exe not present in your
system directory."  The error sounds pretty simple, but the file is in
my system dir, and I have re-registered it with windows.  This comes up
for a domain admin account also.

I have created a citrix shadow policy and assigned it to Domain Users,
and added an NT group called citrix_shadow.  I put a few users in this
group, which "should" allow these users the permissions to shadow...  I
have also checked ica connection permissions and adjusted them for this
group, so I don't think that this problem is stemming from a permissions
issue.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Paul DeHaan CCNA, CCA...
Network Administrator
J.M. Huber Corp.

------------>
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary,
and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you
received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
all
computers."