[THIN] Re: Setting up the Web Console for Help Desk people

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:13:14 -0800

Hi Paul,

Make sure your users are CITRIX ADMINS.
Get more info at Citrix site:

Document ID: CTX428196
http://hqextsrvsft01.citrix.com/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe/,/?Session=5769185,U=1,ST=85,N=0005,K=27465,SXI=3,Case=obj(18887)

You can also check your MFCom registration with MFCheck tool:
http://www.tekworkshop.com/tools/MFComCHK/default.htm

MFCom registration is done differently on MetaFrame servers (use MFCOM.EXE)
versus other servers including the web server (use MFREG.EXE for remote DCOM
registration). MFCOM comes with MetaFrame XP SP1 and higher (this is an
actual MFCom service) and MFREG.EXE can be downloaded with Citrix Server SDK
from http://www.citrix.com/cdn

Never run MFREG on you MetaFrame box unless MFCom is note used.
MFCom support can be broken for multiple reasons:

A. Old MFREG registration versus updated MFCOM
B. DCom permissions were "fixed" manually (perfect hack to make MFCOM
unusable)
C. Register service only local or remote, not both
D. Multiple MFCom registrations on the same box (yes, it is possible to get
two registrations, yes it might be a problematic to fix, yes it does not
work unless some DCOM programming is involved)

PS. Another download, that will fix your MFCom issues - no admin privileges
required (!!!) + a load of features perfect for Help Desk (password change,
account management, shadowing, whiteboard support, etc, etc)

http://www.tekworkshop.com/iShadow/

ALEX