[THIN] Re: Setting up network Printers on Windows 2003 Terminal Server

  • From: "Rosemary Sarkis" <rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:52:02 +1000

Hi

I setup my login script with Kix and it runs perfectly - no issues whatsoever.

Thanks for all your help

Muchly appreciated

Rose

I agree,=20

Using a login script to generate client printers is the best solution.
Try using Kixtart.  You can even have it select their default printer
based on AD group membership.  For example:

IF INGROUP ("Sample") ADDPRINTERCONNECTION ("\\SERVER1\Sampleprinter1") SETDEFAULTPRINTER ("\\SERVER1\Sampleprinter1") ENDIF

Good luck!

Trey Mears
Sr. IT Consultant
SCM Consultants, Inc.
A Tetra Tech Company
Kennewick, WA

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL provides custom-tailored solutions for each client?s mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com