[THIN] Services ending unexpectly on Exchange server

  • From: "Tom Flanagan" <Tom.flanagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:56:53 +0800

Hi Folks

I have a situation that is causing me some problems.  I have a number of
services ending unexpectedly on my MS Exchange Server.

Windows 2000, SP3, Exchange 2000 Std, SP3

The services failing are

IIS Admin Service

MS Exchange IMAP4 Service

FTP Publishing service

NNTP Service

MS Exchange POP3

MS Exchange Routing Engine Service

SMTP Service

WWW Publishing Service service

All these services end unexpectedly at the same time and sometimes come back up
and sometimes I have to reboot to server to get them up.  When the services go
down the outlook client’s crash and given that I run citrix for about 90
users on 3 citrix servers …it is also causing performance problem there.

I am running Symantec AV 8.1 and SAV for Exchange 4.0.

The error log message is common for all these service terminations.

Event Type:       Error

Event Source:    Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID:           7031

Date:                28/07/2004

Time:                11:31:59 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         NT3

The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this
1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No
action

If anyone can offer assistance on this issue or where I can get some local
Perth help I would appreciate it.

Tom Flanagan

Information Technology

Kailis & France Foods