[THIN] Re: Server to busy to launch app

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:05:47 -0400

It's processor % interrupts that is going Red. Yellow is set to 0.3, red
to 0.4.  I bumped to 0.4 and 0.5, but even that seems low since it
looked like it floated around the 0.3 marker on average.   I do believe
all my resource manager settings are out of the box defaults.

Resource Manager guide says, "The processor is spending a large amount
of time responding to I/O rather than user processing.  A large value
for interrupt time usually indicates a hardware problem or a very busy
server."

Well, the server isn't busy IMO for what it is (P4 3.6ghz xeon, 4 gigs
RAM) and only 16 active prorgams, primarily Outlook and other office
apps.  I get more load out of slower machines on 2000 TS.

The resource manager guide doesn't seem to indicate much as to how to
tune these threshold.  Anyone have anything else they could point me to?