[THIN] Sending document as attachement ... MAPI wierdness

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:42:17 -0500

We have a wierd thing going on and I was wondering if anyone else has seen
it.

Environment: Three (3) Windows 2000 server SP2; Metaframe XPe; Outlook 2000.
Using newprof in login script to generate Outlook profiles. Using local
profiles.

If the user has NOT YET run Outlook 2000, and is in, say, MS Word and
selects "Send To" and ".. as attachmentment", the user is prompted to select
a profile before they can continue. Only one profile (the correct one) is
available to select. Once the user selects a profile, they can continue
normally. They only need to do this selection once per session, and ONLY if
they attempt to send something AS AN ATTACHMENT and ONLY if they haven't run
Outlook 2000 already in this session.

Now this is just a nuisance, but it is causing problems with a couple of
published apps who uses MS's MAPI interface to send documents as
attachments. The app in question just sits there idly waiting for the "send
message" interface to appear, but it doesn't because MAPI wants the user to
select a profile first. Crystal doesn't show this dialog so I can't select a
profile, nor can I continue because a profile is not selected. This happens
on all three servers.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just me?