[THIN] Re: Script and Temp Internet Files Question

  • From: "John A. Vorchak" <jvorchak@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:30:19 -0500

A while back, I created an application that I initially intended on
putting up for sale however I have not finished it yet and it's been a
while, so I'm going to put it out there as freeware/begware.  It is an
application similar to what you are referring to -- it will remove all
traces of IE history, cookies, temporary internet files, and the MRU
cache from the address bar from the system when activated.  I was just
re-vamping it to make it a command-line app with switches to trigger the
different deletions and haven't spent more than 3 hours on it in the
past 2 months.  If you want cookies left in, I can recompile it and
leave the cookies alone...that would take 2 minutes ;-)

If anyone would like the app in its current form - no setup application
and you need to hard-code a registry setting to set it to automatically
run and clear the settings upon execution (Otherwise it prompts the user
whether or not to clear it) - just let me know and I'll mail it.  It
does work well, I just got sidetracked looking for work and never got
back to it.  I will be finishing it soon to the command-line version
which will work better for using it in a script, but this executable
does work well now.  I have a few folks out there who are using it (Jim
K, I think????).

John

John A. Vorchak (eMVP)
Vorchak Software
Custom Windows XP Embedded and
Windows NT Embedded Components and Solutions
jvorchak@xxxxxxxx