[THIN] Scanning

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:27:49 -0400

We hav a user that crashes the CTXtwnPA.exe when scanning.
On the user side it is Windows 7(64bit) and an Epson GT-s50 scanner.  I
have installed everything thing from version 10 up to the latest receiver
on her machine.  On the server side we are using XenApp 4.5 on WIndows 2003
x64.
I initially started with uninstalling and re-installing both the scanner
drivers And the citrix client, and tried multiple versions.  All got the
same result.
I finally had her create a new windows profile on her local machine and the
scanning started working.  I have been trying to determine what is
different between the two profiles to determine what is causing the crash
but haven't been able too.  I took snapshots of the processes running at
the time she did the scan from both profiles and looked at what was
different.

Then on her original profile I killed those processes that were different
and had her try again and it still crashed.

When she initiates a scan from inside our software the scan starts, the
pages pull through the scanner and then the CTXtwnPA crashes when the
images start to transfer.  While she does have local admin rights and could
setup a new local profile, her existing one is also a network profile and
logs into the customer's network.  I do not have the rights to change that
so she is currently using the test profile for her scanning and then going
back to the other one for everything else. I have no idea where else to
look right now to correct this so she can scan in her original profile.