[THIN] Re: SV: Re: Off topic

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:05:38 -0500

See America is not so forward thinking after all. : ) We make our employees
sign a computer user policy that specifies that all transmission done on our
network can be monitored including email.  Further our county requires that
all correspondence be retained and is PUBLIC RECORD! That is for a public
agency though. Private companies can do whatever they want. The thinking is
that they own the systems so they own the data that travels over it.   My
thinking is, if you are dumb enough to be doing things you shouldn't be
doing on company equipment and company time and it is a breech of company
security, woe be to you.
JK