[THIN] Re: SQL Data store replication

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:29 -0400

I'd consider the full blown replication mechanism built into SQL to be
difficult.  Log Shipping is easy, but full blown replication is not.
Most of the setup process is easy until you get into table specific
things and it does a check of your DBs.  There are certain things that
can only be replicated certain ways.and unless you've got some heavy DBA
knowledge, I wouldn't try and just "figure it out", get someone involved
who has setup SQL Replication before.

If you just need to replicate to DR for non-hot backup, then I'd look
into buying Double-Take or WANSync/WANSyncHA.