[THIN] Re: SP3 Performance hit

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:02:14 -0000

Hello again.
Have you taken a look at the Novell Patches for the 4.83 client ? There have
been a fair few and Sp2 is recommended by Novell as a minimum. 4.83 Sp3 is
in beta at present.
Have a look at
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10078372.htm

Also have you looked at the binding orders?
Have you looked at www.ithowto.com ?

One snippet of info though... I built a couple of servers using the Novell
Client 4.83 Sp1 ( January ) and then applied Win2k Sp3 over the top.
I had nothing but problems with these servers until i removed the Novell
Client and reinstalled it over the top of service pack 3.
Been running fine since apart from the odd Novell issue.

regards