[THIN] Re: Roaming Profile

  • From: "Rob Ellis" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:22:21 -0000

Correct.

So for example, you have 2 groups of servers - Live and Dev.  You want
users to have different profiles when they log into dev servers.

Each user would have their TS profile path set on their account to be
\\server1\profiles\%username%.

When they log into a live server, they get their TS profile from
\\server1.

I would create an OU for the Dev servers, move the dev servers into it.

Then I would create a GPO, link it to the Dev servers OU.

In that GPO, set the value of 'Set path for TS roaming profiles' to
\\server2\devprofiles\%username%

Thus, when a user logs onto a live server, they get their profile from
server1.  When they log onto a Dev server, their profile comes from
server2.