[THIN] Re: Ricoh 2027

  • From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:44:00 -0500

Now that is a good question and is a bit more difficult, depending on
the printer, you can try the manufacture driver, but I would be very
careful with this as manufacture drivers are known to cause problems.

That being said, the post before mine said they have been running Richol
made drivers for a bit with no troubles so maybe that is a good thing???
I would give it a shot and test, test, test...

No matter what, if you want to have the advanced features of a printer
then you need to either find a server-side mapping that accomplish your
goal, maybe one of the ones I mentioned below will work?  Give it a
shot... OR  you will need to test, test, test the manufacture driver.

Well, not much new there but I hope this clarifies things.

(Of course, you could always use a third party UPD solution, but that
costs money!)

DB

Douglas A. Brown
President and Chief Technology Officer

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server

DABCC, Inc.

Phone:     (954) 778-9558
Fax:         (248) 479-0621

E-mail:       dbrown@xxxxxxxxx
Web:        http://www.dabcc.com

From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:27:27
To:<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As far as mappings goes.  Try these  there are from the Advanced Print
Manager databases (www.dabcc.com/apm) that Stefan and I put together.

Hope they help!

Ricoh Aficio  200/250 PCL = Ricoh Aficio AP2610N PCL6

RICOH Aficio 1022 PCL 6 = Ricoh Aficio AP2610N PCL6

RICOH Aficio 1045 PCL 6 = Ricoh Aficio 1050 PCL

RICOH Aficio 1060 PCL 5e = Ricoh Aficio 1060 PCL

RICOH Aficio 1232C PCL 5c = Ricoh Aficio 1060 PCL

RICOH Aficio 1232C RPCS = Ricoh Aficio 1050 PCL

Ricoh Aficio 200/250 PCL = Ricoh Aficio 200/250 PCL

RICOH Aficio 2022 PCL 6 = HP LaserJet 4

RICOH Aficio 2022 RPCS = HP LaserJet 4

Ricoh Aficio AP2600N PCL = Ricoh Aficio AP2600N PCL

RICOH Aficio AP3800C PCL 5c = Ricoh Aficio AP3800C PCL5c

Douglas A. Brown

www.dabcc.com