[THIN] Restoring User Accounts

  • From: "Richard Larsen" <Richard.Larsen@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:55:02 -0500

Hi,
        Sorry if this question is elementary, but I need
to restore the user accounts database to a Windows 2000
Server, Metframe V1.8 system. I have backed up the contents
of c:\winnt\system32\config folder.

        In order to restore the user accounts, can I just restore
the file SAM? Do I need to restore other files? I am really paranoid
about this restore and I want to make sure I do it right.

        I also have an ERD handy, just in case.

-Rich
Rich Larsen
Systems and Network Administration
Compaq - Part of the new HP            Richard.Larsen@xxxxxx
200 Route 9 North
Manalapan, New Jersey 07726                     732-577-6083