[THIN] Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: Starting application in an isolate memory context.

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:52:21 -0600

That's always fun huh? Gotta love app vendors. Well, I would give
Softricity a yell if this is something that HAS to work. It will mean
more money obviously but if this is a show stopper it might solve it.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 312.961.2380
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
=20

De : thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la
=3D
=3D3D3D
part de Ron Oglesby Envoy=3D3D3DE9 : samedi 22 mars 2003 16:01 =3D3D3DC0 =
:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Objet : [THIN] Re: Starting application in an isolate
memory context.

I like softricity software but an not sure the memory (or sharing it) is
really the problem here.=3D3D3D3D20

I am not saying that its not but it really sounds like the application =
=3D
=3D3D =3D3D3D
is seeing the original connection (an possibly open app files) and =3D
re-using
them itself. (poor application). It also sounds to me like this app is
looking at its user names and info from a central location (like reading
=3D
=3D3D3D
an INI and Config files or reg entries) from C:\programfiles etc, and =
=3D
HKLM
instead of the users home dir and HKCU>

If that is the case Softricity would straighten that out by running it =
=3D
=3D3D =3D3D3D
in the Virtual runtime environment that isolates it. But I would not =3D
spend
=3D3D3D the money for softricity for a SINGLE application unless this is =
=3D
the
major =3D3D =3D3D3D money maker at a company and "it just has to work".

If I could use it for other apps (and probably would) I would spend the
money then.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=3D3D3D3D20

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
=3D
=3D3D =3D3D3D
=3D3D3D3D =3D3D3D3D3D Behalf Of Thierry
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 4:38 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Hello,
=3D3D3D3D3D20
        Here is my problem :
=3D3D3D3D3D20
            I have an application published on Metaframe XP (Windows =3D
=3D3D3D
=3D3D3D3D3D 2000 SP3). This application use Tuxedo 6.5 to connect to an
application =3D3D3D =3D3D3D3D3D engine.=3D3D3D3D3D20 =3D3D3D3D3D20
            If I start this application one time from the client =3D
=3D3D3D3D3D
everything works fine, but if I start it two times the data of second
session =3D3D3D3D3D appear in the first session instead of good ones. =
The
=3D
=3D3D =3D3D3D
solution to solve this =3D3D3D3D3D problem is to make a connection from =
=3D
the
client =3D3D out =3D3D3D of the farm and param this connection with =
another
=3D
user
login. In this case it works but we don't =3D3D3D3D =3D3D3D3D3D find =
this =3D
solution
good. Is there any =3D3D way =3D3D3D to launch a citrix application in =
=3D
=3D3D3D3D =3D3D3D3D3D
an isolate memory and =3D3D environnement =3D3D3D context so that global =
=3D
variables
and =3D3D3D3D =3D3D3D3D3D share memory of first session =3D3D won't =
=3D3D3D be =3D
erased by the
second one ? =3D3D3D3D3D20 Thanks Thierry.

TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D3D3D3D3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D3D3D3D3D20 Add =
=3D
users
now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D3D3D3D3D20 you =3D3D =
=3D
=3D3D3D must
learn about TScale!  Free 30-day eval:
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D3D3D3D3D79

TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D3D3D3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D3D3D3D20 Add =
=3D
users now!
- not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D3D3D3D20 you =3D3D must =
=3D3D3D
=3D
learn
about TScale!  Free 30-day eval: =3D3D3D
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D3D3D3D79
TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D3D3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D3D3D20
Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D3D3D20 you =
=3D
must
learn about TScale!  Free 30-day eval:
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D3D3D79

TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D3D20
Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D3D20 you =
must
=3D
learn
about TScale!  Free 30-day eval: =3D
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D3D79
TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D20
Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D20
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D79

http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D79
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79