[THIN] RDP Client Mapped printers with SP3 for Windows 2000

  • From: "Tom Erdely" <te@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:49:57 +0100

We have several Windows 2000 terminal servers.  We had originally
upgraded to SP3 and found that client mapped printers behaved strangely
in that they sometimes printed and sometimes didn't.  I thought I
remembered seeing a technet article and MS support hotfix for this, but
I can't find any information on it.  I've search Google groups, technet
and the list archives, but can't find it.  Anyone have any suggestions?
If you know the article on technet, I would really appreciate it, or
better yet, if you have the fix, please send it to me or let me know
where to get it.

Thanks,

Tom Erdely
Unitron as
Lagervegen 30
4066 Stavanger
=20
E-mail: te@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.unitron.no
Sentralbord: +47 51 81 90 10
Direkte : +47 51 81 90 13
Telefax : +47 51 81 90 20
Mobiltlf.: +47 99 23 36 22
This Week's Sponsor: New Wyse(R) Expedian(TM)software maximizes your server
capacity--cost-effectively. Now you can dramatically increase the number of
users on a server by as much as 40%--and reduce the number of servers you have
to manage. By optimizing memory usage, Wyse Expedian software allows the
terminal server to support more applications and more concurrentusers. Download
your 30-day free trial today at:
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=US-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsletterEM