[THIN] RDP Client 6 - M$ shot it's own foot

  • From: "João Matos" <joao.matos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:10:50 +0000

Hello,

I would like to call you attention to the fact that with the release of
version 6 of the RDP client, Microsoft has "broken" an important security
"feature" of 5.2 3790 version.

If you used TS with a server certificate and version RDP Client 5.2 3790 you
would get a bonus feature. Any client that wouldn't have the server's
certificate would be unable to even logon.

Unfortunately with version 6, Microsoft has removed this and now the only
way (I know) to have the same feature is to either use the client version
number limitation or use a program like Zebedee.
Best regards,

João Matos