[THIN] Question: Replace error message when user has no logon rights through RD-Services

  • From: "Dannhorn, Michael SZ/HZA-ZII3" <dannhmch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:23:23 +0000

Hi,

Is there any possibility to change the error message which the user gets when
he has not access rights to log on through Remote Desktop Services (= no member
of the 'Remote Desktop Users Group')?

At least I want to replace on my Windows 2008 R2 RDS servers the message

"To log on to this remote computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access
permissions on this computer. By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users
group have these permissions. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop
Users group or another group that has these permissions, or if the Remote
Desktop User group does not have these permissions, you must be granted these
permissions manually."

with an individual text.

Regards
Michael