[THIN] Re: Published Application for the Web

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:54:28 -0800

        " The link tries to open an ICA session but it errors out."

Roger, this sounds to me like you have web-interface already setup on
your webserver in the DMZ?

If you have an ICA file, you can open it with notepad, and look at the
"address" line. It needs to be an address that the machine in the DMZ
can use. If you're accessing the ICA file from a webpage, right click on
it, and save it to desktop to view it.

IE -    Citrix server Internal IP = 192.x.x.x
        Citrix server has altaddr set to x.x.x.x (public address)
        Web server in DMZ has IP = 172.16.x.x

In the scenario I list above, a connection coming directly from the
webserver being in a different subnet will get told the connection IP
for the Citrix server = x.x.x.x. (the altaddr)

Web interface allows for settings to define how the Citrix servers
respond to client requests based on their subnets, whether w/ the
altaddr of the server, or with the normal LAN IP.

HTH