[THIN] Re: Published Application Updates

  • From: "Keith Sirmons" <ksirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:40:51 -0500

Scott,

Thank you.  This worked just as you stated.
Question...  If I can rename the file or move the file to another folder, why
can I not delete it?

Keith

Keith Sirmons
College of Veterinary Medicine

>>> Scott <sdelagrange@xxxxxxxxx> 9/7/2007 9:21 AM >>>
The way I handle this is to simply rename the exe and then drop in the
replacement.  Once the users log off or restart the application, they get
the new version.

On 9/7/07, Keith Sirmons <ksirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I am using Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 to deploy a simple application
> to our Mac users.  It is a single .exe stored in its folder under Program
> Files.
>
> We rebuild this application on a consistent schedule and re-deploy it to
> all Windows workstations.
>
> When I re-deploy it to the Citrix server, I must kick all of our users off
> the server before I can delete the file and copy the new version to the
> server.
>
> Is there a mechanism in Citrix that will help me with this process?  I do
> not want to kick the users off the server, just make it so I can copy the
> file and the next person that starts a session to begin using the new
> version.
>
> Thank you,
> Keith
>
> Keith Sirmons