[THIN] Re: Profiles filling up with numerous ntconfig.pol.tmp files

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:12:38 -0500

When this happens we make sure the user is logged off and delete all of the
.tmp files along with their NTuser.dat so a new one is created at next
logon.  Of course they do lose all of their word/mail settings but at least
they can log on.

I think this comes from not being totally logged out of Nfuse.  We never saw
it until we started using Nfuse. Just closing the browser does not always
close the session (or at least close it fast enough) and then users just
ctrl-alt-del and shutdown their PC at the end of the day and the profile
does not get copied back correctly.

Regards,
Jim